35. Summer 2017 Beauty Favorites

I have come to realize that my makeup routine in the summer is really quite different from how I do my makeup the rest of the year, but I've discovered some things that have made doing my makeup particularly pleasant this summer, and I will most likely be carrying at least some of this into the rest of the year. 

First, I have one of the Eco Tools sponges. I have only recently started using sponges to apply my makeup, but I like how natural it makes everything look, as it ends up a little sheered out. The sponges come in a set, this one, and a larger teal colored sponge. They're both really nice quality and were under twelve dollars, so I would definitely recommend them if you're not into spending twenty dollars on a Beauty Blender. 

So, moving on, I've been using the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer for a while now and I am absolutely in love with it. The shade I bought (Alaska) matches me perfectly and I can't think of anything bad to say about this. It smells nice, has a dewy finish, has light (but not sheer) coverage, and doesn't dry out my skin in the slightest bit. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive for a tinted moisturizer, but I think it's so worth it. That being said, I'm quite upset that I cannot repurchase this as I have learned that NARS has changed its animal testing policies and is no longer cruelty free. If the company ever goes back to being cruelty free, I will gladly come crawling back to this product, but in the mean time, I'll be on the hunt for something new. 

Next, is the Lush Aqua Marina cleanser. I've been using this for a few months now, and I've really enjoyed it. It's a squishy pink-colored cleanser with little bits of seaweed in it, but it's so gentle. I have really sensitive and dry skin, and this doesn't irritate in the slightest. It doesn't do any kind of exfoliating or brightening or anything, but it's a really love basic cleanser and I would definitely recommend it for sensitive skin. The only thing that annoys me a little bit about this is the pieces of seaweed, as they don't do much besides get caught in the sink, however it's not really a big enough issue for me to not repurchase the cleanser. 

Another beauty thing I've purchased recently is the Essie nail polish in the shade Chillato. It's a pale lime-y color and I'm so into it — if you couldn't tell by this post's theme. I never really thought I'd be into a color like this, but it's so pretty and not at all warm-toned like most yellowish polishes. 

Lastly, I have the Bare Minerals lipstick in the shade Heaven. This isn't a new purchase, but I've recently found a new use for it; blush. Especially in the summer I've been very into the look of highlighted cheeks, and using a cream product helps do that without adding shimmer. So, I've been using either this, or any other non-matte lipstick, as blush for the past month or so and I'm obsessed. I'm actually so upset that I didn't discover lipstick-as-blush sooner because I love the natural look it gives. 


That's all I've been super into for summer, but I might be doing this as a series for each season!

Share:

0 comments