66. Colourpop Purple Eye Look


     I recently realized that almost every eyeshadow color I owned looked awful on me. Because I have dark brown eyes, rather than making my eyes pop, coral-y and orange-y colors made me look like I had just finished crying. So, for a while, I just stopped wearing eyeshadow entirely.



However, this changed when one day I purchased some purple eyeshadows, “Daddy” and “Issa,” on a whim. I’ve bought several Colourpop eyeshadows in the past and I absolutely love their formula, but these two shades are like nothing I’ve ever used. “Daddy” is slightly paler, more Easter-y purple, which is something I would usually shy away from, but when I put it on my eyes I was absolutely stunned. “Issa” is a deep, warm-toned plum color with a blueish glitter reflex, and it looks absolutely gorgeous in combination with Colourpop’s “Hammered.”


 I actually did a look with "Issa" for a banquet party about a week ago. I applied it over the lid with some deeper purples from an old L'Oréal palette. My outfit consisted of a purple-y color scheme with hints of emerald green throughout the details. Since "Issa" already has somewhat of a blue-greeny reflex, as I mentioned earlier, I decided to take "Donna" (also by Colorupop) and lightly tap it over my lid in order to intensify that green hue, and I absolutely loved it! Both of these eyeshadows are my new favorites and have paved the way for a long love affair with purple on my eyes.

Share:

0 comments