43. Tips for Weekend Trips

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to be in New York (a City in Photographs and potentially another post are coming soon). Through this trip, I realized some dos and don'ts for weekend trips. Obviously this depends on where you're going, as this is geared mostly towards cities, but I think you could pretty much adapt these to any location. 

Wear comfortable shoes!
I feel like this has to be the biggest one. There is absolutely no point in murdering your feet, especially if you're going to be a city, you'll be walking a lot and you'll need your feet to stay intact.

Don't be super experimental while traveling. 
Traveling is a time to stick to what works. This isn't the time to be trying new outfits or shoes, especially for weekend trips, you should just stick to tried and true methods; go for the crème de la crème of your regular life. In conjunction with the last tip, this applies in particular to shoes; don't wear shoes that you haven't broken in yet! I make this mistake almost every time I travel and I regret it each time. 

Carry cash. 
Again, this might apply mostly to cities, but lots of places worth going won't accept credit cards. It's possible you won't need the cash, but it's better to have it and not end up using it than to need it and not have it ready. 

Have snacks with you. 
I try to do this in general, just in case, by keep a granola bar and water or some other light snack in your purse. You never know when you'll need it. 

Pick key locations you want to visit before you get there. 
Obviously, still try to be flexible with timings and such as travel is unpredictable, but know what you want to do beforehand. I'm not a spontaneous person so maybe this is just me, but I think it's super stressful to arrive and then not know what you're meant to be doing. 

Check the weather before you go. 
This is a no-brainer, but it's vital if you want this trip to go well. 

Bring your own pillow(case) and blanket. 
If you're staying at a hotel (and you're a germaphobe) this'll be a live saver. 


That's all I can think of right now, but if anybody else has travel tips, I'd love to hear them!

Share:

0 comments