46. A Drugstore Haul



I recently went to Target, and got quite a decent amount of makeup. Usually when I buy makeup I just buy one or two things at time, so it was nice to treat myself to a little spree. I've been trying my best for the past three years to buy cruelty-free as much as possible, but recently I caved. It was so much easier to buy things that were tested on animals; they're cheaper and more accessible. I felt really awful about it though, so I'm trying to get myself back on track, and (based on my current research and knowledge) everything in this haul is cruelty free. I tried out everything I bought, and had it on for a few hours, but still I've only used everything once, so it is a first impressions. 


So the first thing I picked up was the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade Iced Mocha. The color is a really lovely shimmery bronze, and it applies so nicely. I think this could be used as either an eyeliner or an eyeshadow, but I just used it as an eyeshadow. It goes on well, but it gets so gross so fast. It creases within an hour and it also disappears off the top half of my eye. It is cheap, but I don't think it's worth it as it didn't even last a full hour. 

The next thing I bought was the Wet n Wild Coloricon Kohl eyeliner in Simma Brown Now!. This is surprising wonderful. I'd been wanting a brown eyeliner for a while, but I didn't really want to spend a ton on one because I wasn't sure how it would look. This one was less than three dollars, and it's so, so creamy. I also really like the color of this eyeliner; I think black eyeliner looks strangely harsh and raccoon-y on me, but this brown just adds some nice subtle definition. I would note, however, that at least personally, this does not show up on the waterline. 

I just picked up a new eyelash curler by Trim, because my old one was falling apart. There's nothing special about this; it's just cheap and it works. I also like that it comes with an extra little rubber bit. 

I got the Boots No7 Extravagant Mascara in Black. I had been using a Maybelline mascara previously, which was really good, but it was not cruelty-free, so I'd been looking for a new one. This mascara is pretty good, but I do prefer waterproof mascaras, so I might have to find another option. For the time being though, this'll do. 

I also got the Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in the shade Ticket to Brazil. I kind of had a feeling that this would be too light for me, but they didn't have any other shades, so I bought it anyway. I was right, it's much too light for my skintone (I feel like I could've used this as a highlight actually?), and it's also weirdly orange. The texture is really nice and it's very pigmented, but there really isn't any way for me to use this bronzer as a bronzer, so I will be returning it. 


The last thing is the Soap + Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lipstick in the shade Cinnamon Beige. Oh my God, I love this. First of all, the packaging is so nice; it's sleek and solid and doesn't feel cheap at all. The color is also lovely. It's a slightly darker-than-nude, mauvey-cinnamon color on my lips, and I'm so excited to wear this (and listen to the Harry Styles album, haha) in the fall. I think I'll definitely be trying the other colors in this range as well. 

Share:

0 comments