25. "I love you"

This week, out of solidarity for the one-year anniversary of the Pulse shooting, I'll be posting something each day about love.

     I'm going to preface all of this with the statement that this is my opinion at this point, and it very well could change soon or at some point in the very distant future.




     Anyway, this is just a little push for saying "I love you." I don't think you should wait to say it, at all. As soon as you feel love for someone (which doesn't take long, contrary to apparently popular belief), you should let them know. I don't think it really matters what kind of relationship this is (unless it's a professional one, because that's a little weird) because I believe love is a very basic human feeling. To me, "I'm in love with you" is a little bit different, and perhaps you should wait to say that, but loving someone is a far more basic human emotion than to be in love with someone, which is a lot more complex. Overall though, it's so important to realize that you might not have another chance to say it, so take every opportunity you have.

Tags:

Share:

0 comments