23. Some People Who Understand Love

This week, out of solidarity for the one-year anniversary of the Pulse shooting, I'll be posting something each day about love.

Mari Andrew
Mari Andrew is one of my favorite artists of all time for lots of reasons, some personal, but mostly for the empathy and relatability that radiates from each of her illustrations. Her drawings reflect on life and love and will make you do the same.

Modern Love
This podcast is my absolute favorite thing to listen to. As I mentioned in my last post, I constantly re-listen to the Friends Without Benefits episode. The episodes range from funny to heart-wrenching, for young lovers to old lovers, and embrace all the different kinds and feelings of love. (Also, if you have trouble listening to podcasts this one is based on the New York Times column so you could read it there, too.)

Will Darbyshire
Will Darbyshire has some of the most beautiful and thoughtful videos I've ever seen. They're simple for the most part, but they also have an unplaceable depth to them. One of my favorites is called Sunday, which is just clips of him and his girlfriend, Arden, walking around town, but there's something deeply soothing about the video.

Dear Sugar
This podcast is hosted by Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond who have opened my eyes greatly. The episodes tackle the more controversial sides of love such as infidelity, parental relationships, familial dynamics, and age gaps, along with a plethora of other topics.

Seaniedraws
I discovered this Instagram recently and it's a little heartbreaking but mostly accurate. The drawings are very minimalistic, but also very powerful.


Share:

0 comments