14. Weather

The Weather Where I Wish I Were


The streets are lined with tall buildings, not the skyscrapers I am used, but cozy homes for people like me; ones who have been searching without even knowing what they've been looking for. Will you know it, when you see it? And suddenly I do. 

And as I finally release my breath, the rain starts to pour; I have been holing my head under water for so long that I breathe easy. The pitter-patter of the rain matches the clacking heels of the beautiful women I've never truly seen before today. The ache in my heart melts into the puddles on the ground. 
It is brisk, but for perhaps the first time in my life I feel warm. 

It was summer when I was last here; I was a different person when I was last here. The earth and sky were warm; my feet worn. Oh, how I long to be there, billowing in the wind, perhaps at last becoming myself. 

Share:

0 comments