11. 2016

Adapted from Buzzfeed and ThoughtCatalog

1. What is something you did that you're proud of this year?
Let myself have fun
2. What did you read that you think bettered you?
Lots and lots of Modern Love articles
3. What are songs that you will always hear and think of this year even when you're listening on some contraption that hasn't even been invented yet?
Everything off of Mind of Mine, This Town, Caroline, Me Too, Formation, Pinga, Fearless, Closer, Sorry, If I Could Fly, Side to Side, Love Me Now, Sparks Fly, Hands, Send My Love, One Dance, I Don't Wanna Live Forever, Dangerous Woman, and this
4. What were some times that you laughed so hard you could barely breathe?
When he poked himself in the eye while dabbing, Mahoomi, the inside age is very small, dumb hudda, behooda auraat, pazza
5. What were some things you heard/read/saw that touched you?
Modern Love (articles and podcast), Kathleenlights's videos, Zoella's videos, Dear Sugar, Cup of Jo, Mari Andrew's art, Zootopia, All The Bright Places, I'll Give You the Sun
6. What made you cry the hardest this year?
Bouts of anxiety
7. What were quotes that you loved this year?
"'I love you,' I say to him, only it comes out, 'Hey.'
'So damn much,' he says back, only it comes out, 'Dude.'"
8. Something you want to do next year?
Get back into journaling, get my license, bake more, write more, create meaningful artwork
9. What are your favorite photos from this year?






10. Where do you feel most yourself?
With people I love
11. What were your favorite meals?
Nihari and ice cream and lemon cupcakes
12. What are some compliments that you received that deeply affected you?
That I was a giving person
13. What did you do for the first time this year?
Drive, see a play, go to a dance, stay up until after six am
14. How was this year better than last year?
I was more organized, I went out with my friends more
15. How was this year worse than last year?
Anxietyyyyyyyy, the election, workload
16. Who are people that you believe are bringing out the best in you?
Maryam, Ayesha, Nicole
17. What items of clothing did you buy that felt the most you?
A tan Zara midi dress, boyfriend jeans
18. What are the best pieces of advice you heard this year?
"Nobody's gonna know your foot's broken if there's no cast on it."
19. What are the best pieces of advice you gave this year?  
In response to some people's predisposition to mental illness, "But like when people get lung cancer they're not like 'oh shoot people live in more polluted places and they're not dying why am I?'"
20. What was the best book you read this year?
I'll Give You the Sun
21. What things have you been putting off doing because you didn't have time?
Blogging
22. What are some things you'd like to focus and work on in the next year?
Writing and art
23. What are your biggest hopes for 2017?
Ease, happiness, faith, and love ❤️

Share:

0 comments